Friday, October 9, 2009

QUESTIONS FOLLOWED BY ANSWERS - JERMZKI


So as I’m getting nearer to the completion of my new CD I’m gonna try and get a few Q&A’s with some of the people I’ve been working with.

First up is a guy from Canberra going by the name of Jermzski who’s been making some killer grime beats! Since I’ve been in Australia I’ve been searching high and low for producers making grime with not much luck until my boy Diem played me a CD of some of Jermzski’s beats and I was blown away that there was some dude over in Canberra of all places making such heat. I managed to link with him while I was in Canberra for a show a little while back and we’ve been speaking back and forth and getting some stuff underway. So far I’ve got two of his bangers on the CD, one just myself and one with the rest of Smash Brothers featuring…anyways, lets get this started.


First up state your name and location

Juzlo Jermzki! originally from Canbreezly, now residing in Sydney!

So how long have you been producing for now and what equipment are you running?

I have been dabbling in produkka now for 8 years! shit! but only really been taking it more seriously for the past 3 years.
I be using, Orion Platinum, Pro tools, Fl studio, Sound forge, behringer truth b3031a monitos, native instruments audio kontrol 1, 1200 technics.

Did you start off on the dubstep/grime thing and what was it that first got you interested in it?

Yeah started off on the 2-step/garage thing, so picked up on crews like Blazing squad, Fire camp, DJ EZ, So Solid, but I remember it was so hard to find anything of the sort out here. At the same time I was getting into the jungle/dnb thing, wasn’t until Dizzee done ‘Boy in da corner’ that I got more exposure and started digging hard to find more of the grime thing and it was such a breath of fresh air from the over saturated hip hop that I was listening to, few of my mates got into it as well and we'd just share and feed info off each other and haven’t looked back since..
the beats and energy of it all got me into it..

What other producers out right now are you feeling?

Thunderclaps, J.F.L.O.W.S, Two Fingers, Blazin beats, Skream, D Bridge, Calibre, Break, 16 bit... I could go on all day..

What about MC’s

ahh with Ozzies gotta go Diem, Hyjak, Trials, Hau
with brits - old Eski, Ghetto, Riko, Trimski, Scratch, Dogzilla, Discarda, Money Man,
i could go on all day....

Is there any sort of scene happening where you live?

The dubstep scene is absolutely vibing here at the moment, hip hop is pretty concrete as well, grimes a bit held down people just dont know, but its like a slumbering giant and I’m drawing all over its face so it'll awaking soon and be really pissed off...

What have you been working on recently and what have you got in the pipeline?

ahh hopefully more Smash Bros shit in the future!, done a beat for Swarmy G, i've been working on some new dubstep, and some new tracks with Centaspike, and basically just building up the grime scene in Oz..

If you could work with any 4 mc’s who would they be?

Diem, Ghetto, Tempa T, RikoDan

Finally, any shouts?

Mila, Heavy Breddas klick!, Drok universe, Blud shot Bronz, No prints Donny, Kine, Oskay, Anfo D, Real Dealio, Heavy D, Esti,the youngins,J1, TJS, 4thups, brendilinio, tidy, ricki, AJ, Mugs.

http://www.myspace.com/kilojulz

No comments: